4 Arts Festival
4 Arts Festival
May 10 – June 8 2013
Taking the Arts to the next Power… Building Community through the Arts!
Join us as we celebrate the achievements of our diverse student body with a month-long festival uniting all 4 arts: music, visual art, dance, and drama. The First Annual 4 Arts Festival (May 10 – June 8) will feature performances and exhibitions from each of the 4 arts, allowing students of all disciplines to showcase their artistic development and hard work from the past year in front of family members, friends, and the community.
Engaging in the Arts has the power to build communities, and we invite you to “Be a Part of the Arts” by attending 4 Arts Festival performances and exhibitions free of charge*. Experience works of art, both visual and performing, while supporting our young artists and connecting to other members of our community.
- May 10: Studio Music Recitals
- 7pm – students of Harting (guitar), Benson (voice), Dunleavy (voice)
- May 11: Studio Music Recitals
- 2:30pm – students of Cope (guitar), Kobos (clarinet), Meade (piano)
- 3:30pm – students of Vairo (piano), Brun (cello), Brown (flute)
- 5pm – students of Reis (piano) and Halberg (piano)
- 6:30pm – students of Olsen (piano)
- May 17: Studio Music Recitals
- 7pm – students of Chang (piano)
- 7:45pm – students of Smith (piano and voice) and Jewell (violin)
- May 18: Studio Music Recitals
- 2:30pm – students of Campetti (violin) and Ikegami (violin)
- 3:30pm – students of Kauffman (saxophone)
- 4pm – students of Beauchamp (cello) and Prugh (trumpet)
- 5pm – students of Liao (violin)
- 7:30pm – students of Larsen (violin)
- May 19: Studio Music Recitals
- 1pm – students of Walski (piano)
- May 20: Drama student productions
- May 21: Suzuki Violin Recital @ Chester Charter School for the Arts, 2:45 – 3:15pm
- May 24: Suzuki Violin Recital @ Chester County Family Academy, 11:00am
- May 30: Suzuki Violin Recital @ Toby Farms Elementary School, 1:30 – 2:00pm
- May 31: Honors Music Recitals, 6:45pm and 8:00pm
- June 4: Musical Theater Performances
- June 6: Student & Teaching Artist Gallery, Opening Reception, 5 – 9pm
- June 8: Spring Dance Recital @ Unionville High School (*due to space limitations, tickets are $7 and may be purchased through Darlington).