Darlington Arts Center has unique gift ideas for you this year! We are open through December 23rd – perfect for your last-minute shopping!
Support Local Artists!
Some of the special items Darlington currently has available are:
– Karl J. Kuerner’s newest book, “Ike at Night”, is a children’s book he has written & illustrated all about his cat’s nightly exploits
– “All in a Day’s Work… from heritage to artist”, also by Karl J. Kuerner, is a beautiful collection of his paintings in the Brandywine style representing the farming traditions of this area perfect for your out-of-town relatives
– Original photography by Sarah Paoletti on exhibit in our gallery
– a wide selection of prints of paintings by various local artists
Gift Certificates ~ Give the gift of the Arts!
Has someone on your list expressed an interest in learning something new? Consider a Darlington gift certificate! You pick the amount, they pick the subject – clay workshops, piano lessons, yoga classes & so much more! You’ll open the door to a new experience they will treasure, instead of another toy that may break and gather dust. With our Winter/Spring 2012 Semester beginning January 30th the timing is perfect (full schedule found here).
If you are shopping for that person that has everything, someone out of town, or just trying to get away from the commercialization of the season, consider an alternative gift! While crossing another item off your gift “to-do” list:
- you will receive a tax-deductible donation for your contribution to Darlington
- you support your community arts center
- you determine the amount you spend
- the person you designate will receive a note informing them of the generous gift you made in their honor, what we have accomplished with it, and you’ve reaffirmed your value of the arts!