Darlington Arts Center builds community by providing every art for everyone.
The arts call for discipline and hard work. The arts are a labor of love. The arts are fulfilling, enriching, and enlivening and make someone a better human being.
CORE VALUES – WE BELIEVE IN...
- Learning – Exposure to the arts and dedication to craft builds self-confidence, powers the intellect, and fosters identity.
- Opportunity – Beginners as well as artists of all abilities deserve access to high-quality instruction and performances.
- Multi-generational Commitment – Activating one’s imagination and being inspired by the creativity of others is a lifelong pursuit.
- Inclusion – The arts motivate people to discover where they belong, to empathize and accept, and to find the joy in difference.
VISION – REACHING BEYOND
Reaching Beyond – artistically and interpersonally – describes Darlington’s intent to lean into the challenges of a post COVID world. Priorities have shifted. Normal has changed. Uncertainty persists. The importance and value of the arts for building community is heightened.
Reaching Beyond illustrates eagerness to:
- Go deeper into under-resourced communities, helping people create from a place of wonder, delight, and even pain
- Take greater advantage of Darlington’s beautiful and expansive land
- Push inward, overcoming anxieties, taking risks, and being open to new experiences