Learning through the Arts: Music, Art, Dance & Drama
2021-2022 Registration is open! Available 5 days/week!
Introduce your child to learning through a special arts-integrated curriculum! Arts-based learning emphasizes creativity, imagination, exploration, and active participation. The arts add depth to fundamental concepts, reinforcing comprehension and memory. Children must be 3 years old and potty-trained by the start of the semester.
Students will benefit from:
- High-quality arts-based learning activities with professional Teaching Artists
- Traditional preschool activities such as circle time, free play and outdoor play
- Multi-week units of core curriculum developed by a certified teacher
- Learning responsibility and cooperation by working with peers
Please call (610) 358-3632 or contact Michael at email@example.com to register or schedule a private tour!
The health of our students and staff at Darlington are of utmost importance. Please click on the link to learn more about our policies set in place to ensure proper safety and social distancing protocols onsite.
Pick your days: Monday - Friday (1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 days/week)
Preschool / Kindergarten Half-day morning sessions: 9:00 a.m. - noon
Kindergarten Half-day afternoon sessions:12:30pm - 3:15 pm (Optional early drop-off "Lunch Bunch" add-on from 12:00pm-12:30pm: $25/month per day of the week) **PLEASE NOTE: The Afternoon Program has been cancelled this year **
9 month program: September 13, 2021 - May 13, 2022
Preschool Curriculum includes:
- The calendar: days of the week & months of the year
- Seasons: science & weather
- Colors & shapes
- Numbers, patterns, & sequence
- The alphabet: letter of the week, pre-writing, & capital letters
- Counting & 1-to-1 correspondence
- Social skill development
- Fine & gross motor skills
- Pre-reading skills & age appropriate literature
- Cultures & social context
- Visual & performing arts
Kindergarten Curriculum includes: Arts-enriched projects and activities to reinforce Garnet Valley kindergarten curriculum
1 day/week: 9 payments of $150
2 days/week: 9 payments of $245
3 days/week: 9 payments of $355
4 days/week: 9 payments of $460
5 days/week: 9 payments of $545
Enrollment requires payment of 2021-2022 Family Membership Fee ($75). The first tuition payment is due upon registration. Remaining monthly payments are due on the 15th of the month from 9/15/21 to 4/15/22
Health and Safety Precautions:
- All students and staff will wear face coverings during instruction. Coverings are provided by the office if needed.
- All students and staff report to the main office upon building entry for a temperature scan.
- Class sizes have been reduced to 8 students maximum to ensure less than 10 people in the room.
- All rooms utilized for classes will be sanitized by staff before and after class times.
- Outdoors and large classrooms (like our Community Space and Painting Studio) will be utilized primarily by the preschool / kindergarten programs
- Social distancing will be practiced during the classes.
- If Darlington is forced to close due to PA State Mandate, classes will continue online to ensure the continuity of arts enrichment.