Learning through the Arts: Music, Art, Dance & Drama
2020-2021 Registration is open! Available 5 days/week!
Introduce your child to learning through a special arts-integrated curriculum! Arts-based learning emphasizes creativity, imagination, exploration, and active participation. The arts add depth to fundamental concepts, reinforcing comprehension and memory. Children must be 3 years old and potty-trained by the start of the semester.
Pick your days: Monday - Friday (1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 days/week)
Preschool / Kindergarten Half-day morning sessions: 9:00 a.m. - noon
Kindergarten Half-day afternoon sessions: 12:30pm - 3:15 pm (Optional early drop-off "Lunch Bunch" add-on from 12:00pm-12:30pm: $25/month per day of the week)
9 month program: September 14, 2020 - May 14, 2021
Preschool Curriculum includes:
- The calendar: days of the week & months of the year
- Seasons: science & weather
- Colors & shapes
- Numbers, patterns, & sequence
- The alphabet: letter of the week, pre-writing, & capital letters
- Counting & 1-to-1 correspondence
- Social skill development
- Fine & gross motor skills
- Pre-reading skills & age appropriate literature
- Cultures & social context
- Visual & performing arts
Kindergarten Curriculum includes: Arts-enriched projects and activities to reinforce Garnet Valley kindergarten curriculum
Students will benefit from:
- Multi-week units of core curriculum developed by a certified teacher
- Traditional preschool activities such as circle time, free play and outdoor play
- High-quality arts-based learning activities with professional Teaching Artists
- Learning responsibility and cooperation by working with peers
Health and Safety Precautions:
- All students and staff will wear face coverings during instruction. Coverings are provided by the office if needed.
- All students and staff report to the main office upon building entry for a temperature scan.
- Class sizes have been reduced to 8 students maximum to ensure less than 10 people in the room.
- All rooms utilized for classes will be sanitized by staff before and after class times.
- Outdoors and large classrooms (like our Community Space and Painting Studio) will be utilized primarily by the preschool / kindergarten programs
- Social distancing will be practiced during the classes.
- If Darlington is forced to close due to PA State Mandate, classes will continue online to ensure the continuity of arts enrichment.
1 day/week: 9 payments of $145
2 days/week: 9 payments of $240
3 days/week: 9 payments of $350
4 days/week: 9 payments of $455
5 days/week: 9 payments of $540
Enrollment requires payment of 2020-2021 Family Membership Fee ($75). The first tuition payment is due upon registration. Remaining monthly payments are due on the 15th of the month from 9/15/20 to 4/15/21