Become a Volunteer!
Join Darlington’s Volunteer Team! There is much to be done and extra hands are always needed and appreciated. Essential assistance is supplied by our parents, students, and community members, who offer their time and expertise to assist with performances, educational programming and special events.
*Teens are welcome to join us in the fulfillment of their community service hours!*
Be a part of the arts by volunteering at Darlington! Adults and teens are needed for short term and long term volunteer projects.
Current volunteer needs include:
- office administrative assistants
- assistance with cleaning and organization
- special events assistants
- teaching assistants for school holiday workshops
- summer camp counselors and counselors-in-training
To apply for any of these volunteer positions, please email Michael Hahn, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Special Events Intern: Spring 2020
Darlington Arts Center, a non-profit center for the visual and performing arts, is seeking an individual to help with special events this Winter/Spring. Gain hands-on experience in a variety of administrative and artistic activities working alongside staff members in a creative, friendly environment.
Interns will have the opportunity to work on a number of projects related to executing a Fundraising Event featuring a live and silent auction and a Performing Arts Festival including music and dance recitals. Applicants should be available for at least 3 hrs per week from January 31 through March 15 and for at least 5 hrs per week from March 15-June 12.
The ideal candidate will be pursuing a degree in event planning, a performance-related field, or arts administration, and meet the following qualifications:
- Interest in the performing arts and events
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Graphic Design experience is helpful
Adult volunteers are required to submit all current Pennsylvania clearances.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to Eric Carter-Thompson, Executive Director at email@example.com.